Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sanguine September

September Edition

Hello Friends,
How are you? I hope this letter finds you well. Ah, August. What an interesting month. It started with the arrival of the new staff and “old”/experienced staff and sorting through school supplies, “middled” with the start of school, and ended busily.

-Mali: Thank you for your prayers concerning the elections. They went well and we now have a new president. Pray that the new leader, Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, will be able to help restore peace to Mali. Pray that he has good relationships with the other members of the Malian government and that he will use wisdom. Pray also that he will think of not only those in power when making decisions, but also – primarily – of the people. In addition, last weekend Bamako, the capital city, experienced some heavy rains and as a result has a lot of flooding and several people have lost their lives. In a time of instability, the Malians must be feeling the old adage: “When it rains, it pours,” what with famine, a coup, and now terrible flooding – all in just a 2 or so year time period. Pray that the life of the Malians will soon get back to normal. Pray that the problems they are facing will encourage them to seek the one true God.

-My parents: In a little over a week they will be flying back to Mali. Between now and then they will be packing, shopping, visiting churches, and visiting friends and family one last time. Pray for safe travels and for their packing – that it will not be overweight or too many bags, and that it will all arrive when they do. When they arrive in Mali they will be searching for a place to live, so please pray that they will be able to find a place quickly so they can get settled in quickly and move forward in their ministry. Please continue to pray for my mom as she seeks the Lord’s guidance in where and how she can serve him. There are many ministries in Bamako for her to get involved in, she just needs to learn which one God wants her in.

-Missionaries: For several months last year I asked you to pray for the release of two Brazilians who had been taken to prison on unlawful terms. While they have now been out for almost 5 months now, there are still legal issues that need to be resolved. They are not allowed to leave the country and they are feeling stressed about their situation – they need rest. In addition, some officials came to their organization a few months ago and threatened to shut the place down but they have not returned. They are once again in a time of waiting.  Please pray that they will have peace about their situation, peace that God will take care of them and peace despite their stresses. Pray that the people who are putting in this time of waiting legally will make some decisions and finally free them. Pray also that those who threatened to shut down their operation will come to realize the good work that it does and that it is teaching young boys who would otherwise be on the streets or starving how to live a better, life preserving way.

-Me: This may seem silly, but I know that God hears all prayers. My camera is missing and I haven’t seen it since June. And while I don’t take a lot of pictures, it is nice to have the option to do so. I also don’t know what pictures are on it – they may be ones I want. I have searched all over my apartment which wasn’t that difficult because painters were in it over the summer and at the end of the summer I had to put it back together. Please pray that I find it. Also, this weekend and the next few are our school’s annual handball tournament and for some crazy reason – I signed up to play. I am kind of nervous. Please pray that I will play to God’s glory. In fact, that is something that you could pray about for everyone involved – that we have good attitudes, that we don’t experience any really bad injuries, and that we have fun.

I think that is all for now. I now have 3 weeks of being the cashier in the normal setting and it has been nice – although I generally have a lot more free time than I expected, I can’t wait till container season, haha! Have a great day.


Ruthanne

Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment