Saturday, December 29, 2012

Jovial January


January Edition

Hi Friends, 
How are you? It is hard to believe that 2012 is already over. It seems just yesterday that my brother and I were watching the ball drop on New Year's Eve and drinking sparkling grape juice to celebrate :). This year has been quite eventful for me and for my whole family - but it has been a great one. I am getting ready to go camping over New Year's - the first time I have gone in 6 years and I am excited. I am spending Christmas in my old house with my parent's colleagues. It has been a really good time, and I am glad I was able to get away from Dakar for a little while (I love Dakar, mind you!!! Sometimes it is just nice for a change.). The place we are going camping is these waterfalls about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours away - they used to be maybe more than 3 hours away but they moved the falls so they are closer now... haha. 

-Family: My family is all together this Christmas... the first time all 5 of them have been together in 3 or 4 years. They are really having a great time. I think this spring my parents are going to start picking up on visiting churches. Pray that their travels in this endeavor will go well.Pray also that they will be able to reach the hearts of the people they are visiting to empower them to be a part of my parent's ministry. In the meantime, Danielle is still searching for a car and a job. She has finished up her last semester at DA and moving on to a different kind of life.Pray that she is prepared for this life. Pray also that she will be able to get the job and car she is looking for. Pray also that she will know where God is leading her in this stage of her life. 

-Missionaries: Please continue to pray for the Brazilian missionaries who are in jail. I don't have any updates since the last time I wrote. Pray that God's light will shine through this situation. Pray also that the family's faith will be refined into silver during this time (Zechariah 13:9). 

-Camping: One last thing, please pray that the camping trip goes well. The car we are traveling in is not always that reliable, so pray that it stays together and doesn't overheat for both the trip there and back. Pray also that there will be no injuries and we'll be able to enjoy a few days away from the worries of the world. 

I pray that this finds you all well and enjoying nice cool weather as I am. The weather today has been glorious and somewhat windy - so beautiful!! May your new year be blessed greater than the last. Have a great day. Ruthanne
 
Nehemiah 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment