Friday, November 9, 2012

October Prayer Letter


October Edition

Hi, 
how are you? I apologize that I am getting this out to you so late - 25% of the way through the month by the end of the day. But on the other hand we only have 75% percent of the month left which is good because it is crazy hot and humid here. I don't mind hot weather - as long as it is dry. And I don't mind humidity - as long as it is winter (I discovered during my four years of college that the "warm" days of winter have the highest humidity, 10 degrees will feel warmer if it is 30% humidity than if it is 15% humidity). But when you combine heat and humidity - it is awful. Granted I do sit inside AC most of the day, so I don't really have any right to complain except on the weekends. I have heard that the States is pretty cool right now, I hope you are dressing warmly enough! 

-Parents: They are in North Carolina right now and are enjoying helping out with training of new missionaries and seeing old friends. They recently celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary, and soon my dad  will celebrate his 59th birthday anniversary ;). Please pray that their time in NC will be fruitful. Pray also that they will enjoy at least another 30 years of marriage. 

-Mali: Here is what my parents said: "The news from Mali is mixed. Things seem to be stable in the capital, Bamako, and very quiet in Kayes, so that the Harrises and the Lees are able to continue ministry and one of our sister missions even allowed a new couple to come. The US Embassy has allowed families to return, which is a very good sign because they are extremely cautious. In the northern, seceded area, however, atrocities continue as the rebels apply Islamic shari'a law. Mali recently petitioned the UN to allow 3000 peacekeepers from the neighboring African nations to come help retake the north. This request was granted, but we are not sure of the timetable." 

Please pray that things will stay peaceful in Bamako and Kayes. Pray also that the authorities in the situation will have wisdom in their decision making.

-Siblings: My older sister Danielle is enjoying her new position at DA - she finds it exhausting but rewarding. Pleasepray that she will be a good example to "her" kids and will be able to find closure at the end of the semester. I don't know how my younger siblings are doing, but since "no news is good news" I assume everything is going well in their lives. Please pray that they will get along with roommates, do well in school, learn to balance their time between school, work, and extracurriculars, and do everything for the glory of God and not for men.

-Me: I am really enjoying being here at DA after being gone for four years. I am learning about being a cashier, I am able to focus on God, and I get to see the elementary and high school students regularly. Life is really great right now. Please pray that I will be a Godly example to the students here and will learn how to have fun with people my own age as well as the kids.

I hope this finds you in good health and walking with God. Have a great day. Ruthanne

Galatians 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment